Communications Officer Vacature bij Ifaw International Fund For Animal Welfare
Ifaw International Fund For Animal Welfare met spoed nodig onderstaande werk positie als de Communications Officer. Lees deze personeelsadvertentie zorgvuldig alvorens het aanbrengen van. Er zijn enkele kwalificaties, ervaringen en vaardigheden eisen dat de werkgevers nodig hebben. Doet je carrière geschiedenis passen deze eisen? Ervoor begrijpen dat u de rol die je solliciteert en dat zorg ervoor dat het geschikt is met uw vaardigheden en kwalificaties te.
Volg de online aanwijzingen, vul alle benodigde velden, en alle relevante informatie, zodat uw aanvraag correct is ingediend. Wanneer u klikt op 'Apply This Job' knop (opent in nieuw venster) wordt u meegenomen naar het online sollicitatieformulier. Hier wordt u gevraagd om persoonlijke en contactgegevens te verstrekken, reageren op werkgerelateerde vragen, en laten zien hoe u voldoet aan de belangrijkste selectiecriteria.
Communications Officer Vacature bij Ifaw International Fund For Animal Welfare Vacatures Detail:
Our vision is a world where animals are respected and protected. With offices in 15 countries and projects in more than 40 countries, we rescue individual animals, safeguard populations, preserve habitat, and advocate for a better future.
IFAW explores new ways to improve conditions for animals, people, and the place we call home—and we’ve been leading the way for over 50 years. The problems we confront are urgent, complicated, and resistant to change. Solving them requires fresh thinking and bold action. So we look at the issues from different angles, make unexpected connections, and challenge the way things are done. Partnering with local communities, NGOs, and governments around the globe, we create real-world solutions that make an immediate and lasting impact.
We see the world as it is, and we’re compelled to make it better.
We are currently in an exciting expansion period, opening a new European Communications and Marketing hub that aligns with the new Global strategy in brand marketing and communications.
Purpose of Role
Candidate must be a self-starter, able to multi-task several moving parts, prioritize multiple work streams and manage complex stakeholder networks. He/she must also bring a strong network of influential media contacts to bear. The ability and passion to navigate diverse, complex, and global subject matters is a must. Please note: 50% of this role will be in-country communications and 50% communications support for international program work.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison between designated program and global/in-country communications team
- Responsible for tracking priority program storylines and feeding storytelling opportunities into the larger communications team
- Responsible for program and program initiative specific messaging for use by comms/marketing
- Partners with in-country communications officers to get the story out in respective markets
- Monitors political or cultural trends – within and outside of the industry – to find new ways to the tell program stories and/or flag potential crisis issues
- 1-2 years’ management experience leading small groups and projects
- 3-5+ years’ experience in PR/communications and/or government relations role with expertise in writing, plan development, media relations strategy and execution, event management, speaking and awards submissions, social content, measurement, and monitoring
- Bachelor's Degree
- Understand the elements of what makes a good story
- Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Extremely well organized; able to effectively multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively, and to balance competing demands and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong administrative and leadership skills to maintain high standards and coordinate staff effectively
- Flexible, diplomatic, detail-oriented style with professional, positive manner
- Self-starter with a high level of professionalism and demonstrated initiative, judgment, decisiveness and confidence
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Fluent in English and Dutch; basic French and/or German are a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities will change from time to time to meet the needs of the department and our organization.