Senior Specialist Hull Vacature bij Lloyds Register Rotterdam
Lloyds Register Rotterdam met spoed nodig onderstaande werk positie als de Senior Specialist Hull. Lees deze personeelsadvertentie zorgvuldig alvorens het aanbrengen van. Er zijn enkele kwalificaties, ervaringen en vaardigheden eisen dat de werkgevers nodig hebben. Doet je carrière geschiedenis passen deze eisen? Ervoor begrijpen dat u de rol die je solliciteert en dat zorg ervoor dat het geschikt is met uw vaardigheden en kwalificaties te.
Volg de online aanwijzingen, vul alle benodigde velden, en alle relevante informatie, zodat uw aanvraag correct is ingediend. Wanneer u klikt op 'Apply This Job' knop (opent in nieuw venster) wordt u meegenomen naar het online sollicitatieformulier. Hier wordt u gevraagd om persoonlijke en contactgegevens te verstrekken, reageren op werkgerelateerde vragen, en laten zien hoe u voldoet aan de belangrijkste selectiecriteria.
Senior Specialist Hull Vacature bij Lloyds Register Rotterdam Vacatures Detail:
Location:Rotterdam : KP van der Mandelela (LR_L000223)
Position Category:Naval Architecture
Department:NL155054 : Marine Plan Appraisal Operations (NL155054)
Position Type:Employee Regular
EducationRequired:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Senior Specialist Hull
Lloyd's Register Marine
We built our reputation helping to improve the safety and environmental performance at every stage of a ship’s life. We work with owners, operators and builders around the globe, delivering tailored solutions based on unrivalled experience and the latest technical insight.
Rotterdam Technical Support Office (RTSO) is a major plan appraisal centre covering the needs of the clients not only locally but also abroad with ships being constructed worldwide. Our activities are characterized by a great diversity in terms of projects and types of ships (Yachts, Tugs, Cargo Ships, Inland waterway ships as well as Dredgers, Pipe-laying ships, Semi-submersibles, SPS ships, Catamarans and Fast patrol crafts, etc).
Our objective is to provide our clients with the best possible service and hence maximise the added value for our clients. The Rotterdam Technical Support office (RTSO) is active in the fields of Hull, Machinery, Electricity & Automation, Fire & Safety and Stability.
Lloyd's Register Rotterdam has a well-established and friendly Marine Technical Support Team situated in very spacious and pleasant offices in Rotterdam. The team is international and consists of enthusiastic people. Increase in workload requires additional members of the team to be appointed. This is a challenging opportunity and will suit a person who wishes to be part of a dynamic team with frequent interaction amongst each other and the clients
To perform assessments and / or deal with problems to provide solutions for internal / external clients where the parameters are defined.
- To perform assessments and provide specialist advice for service delivery, research or development work within agreed parameters that includes budget constraints and contractual requirements.
- To produce the deliverable within the agreed parameters in a defined format.
- To assess / recommend the time / value of the work to be undertaken for an internal / external client within an agreed fee / cost structure.
- To discuss / present the deliverable with the internal / external client and be able to suggest alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Undertake administration as required in line with current processes and procedures.
- To pursue Continuous Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness.
- To assist in service delivery improvement by communicating internal / external client feedback as appropriate.
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards.
The purpose of this role is to assess the design aspects of:
Structural aspects such as longitudinal strength, condition of assignment as well as detail designs and strength calculations of ship structures and components.
- BSc or MSc in Naval Architecture, Marine Technology, Marine engineering
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Working towards achieving Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in the area of marine engineering with particular emphasis on ship design
- Good knowledge MS Office;
- Good knowledge of SOLAS and other international regulations;
- In depth knowledge and understanding of ship structure and Linear Finite Element Analysis and Review.
- Understanding of Fatigue Design Assessment or Simplified Fatigue Analysis
- Understanding of Risk Assessment Integration into Design Development.
- Able to make clear judgements and take a decision when rule lines are unclear and having pragmatic approach always balancing safety and commercial aspects;
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, to prioritise work and meet LR and Clients deadlines and to be able to work effectively under pressure;
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
How to apply
If you believe that you possess some or all of the above qualifications and you would like to join probably the most experienced Technical Support Office in the European Area, we would like to hear from you. The positions will be offered on local terms and conditions depending on the details and experience of the candidate.
Please submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter underlining your reasons why you feel you can fulfil this position.
For further information please contact Derek Meeng, (recruiter)
Phone: +31 - (0)6 – 823 539 69